APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP CAN BE MADE AFTER AT LEAST THREE EDITIONS OF THE FESTIVAL OR THREE YEARS OF ACTIVITIES FOR OTHER CULTURAL INSTITUTIONS.
Application for membership to the International Alliance for Mountain Film can be made by all the Festivals or cultural institutions that work to promote, increase the importance of and conserve mountain film, in harmony with the declaration of intent of Turin, of 5 February 2000, the Alliance’s formal constitution.
- A request in writing must be sent to the organisational headquarters of the Alliance and include information about:
- the attention dedicated by the Body to the promotion, diffusion and conservation of mountain film;
- the Body’s structure and characteristics, year of foundation, type of events and annual and/or pluriannual activities;
- projects realised, number of editions or seasons held, criteria for finding, selecting and, if provided for, conserving films;
- all other useful information for evaluating the Body’s activities and future projects;
- The director of the applicant Body, or his delegate, will participate in person at the first meeting subsequent to presentation of his application, in order to illustrate the activities of his Body and the work carried out;
- At least one of the Members of the Alliance Work Group must have participated, as a guest, at the festival in order to be able to provide guarantees about the event’s criteria. The same thing must have occurred with a Body other than a Festival;
- The Alliance reserves the right to proceed with accepting or refusing a new Member within three years from the date of application;
- Acceptance will be voted by Members present at the meeting, on a majority basis of three-quarters of those present. The right of veto is possible following presentation of valid motives, by one or more members, where the applicant has carried out counter, unfair actions in order to affirm its own activity with evident damage against one or more Members, or against the Alliance itself.
- All refused applications for membership will be justified by specific reasons, passed on to the applicant. The Body or Festival refused can present a new application for membership after two years;
- A copy of this resolution, counter-signed as a mark of acceptance, must be included with the application for membership.